Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm back


Yes, I am back.  I have had a VERY ROUGH month.

No, no medical issues (this time).  I have an 8 year old son that, from the get go, was being rambunctious and mouthy in his grade 3 class.  It was out of the blue because prior to this, while a chitty chatty little boy, he's been fine.  This school year, as of September, he's not listening to teachers, he's being lippy, he's not following instructions and he's not doing his homework.

Ahhh parenthood.  Gotta love it.

While I would love nothing more than talk shop and sell bags, I had to, as a diligent parent, address those issues with him.  They are by no means gone and we are working with him to ensure that he ships shapes up because I'm telling you all now, NO KID OF MINE IS GOING TO FAIL GRADE THREE!!

You know, if you're my age or older, I am amazed at how much parenting has changed in the past 25 years.  I am telling you now that if I pulled any of what my son is pulling with us and his teachers, I'd get a good, solid smack to the head and told to smarten up or there would be plenty more (smacks) where that first came from!

Parenting is not like that anymore (although I'd be lying if it didn't cross my mind *looks away and whistles*).  Parenting is a full time job.  It always has been and it's, at times a very, very trying job, but at the same time, somehow it's very rewarding. 

I know things will be okay but at the present time, my uploading bags and talking about Hermes this or LV that was not going to take care of the issue.  I had to address that and there is no doubt in my mind that I will have to take another hiatus and address it again.  I wish it was something as simple as taking 2 or 3 weeks off.  *SNORTS*.

For now we're going to monitor his behaviour, and use a simple reward system to ensure that he understands that treats like Halloween, Christmas are earned, not just assumed.  And they are only earned with good behaviour.  For now that has been working.  For now.  *starts praying in corner*

Okay, my friends, we have a lot of catching up to do.  I have to put up a sale and I have to get you guys your XMAS goodies!!

Let's get to work!

Happy Shopping!!